To Learn More:
Larry G. Root, Ed. D.,
Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Research
The mission of the Institutional Effectiveness office is to support planning, decision-making, and assessment at Galveston College by providing information that is timely and of the highest quality.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) is a service oriented unit that provides information and proposes alternative solutions to support the decision-making process. The scope of the unit’s responsibility is college-wide. The unit provides official reporting to external agencies, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and the entire College community including the Board of Trustees, and other academic and administrative units. The Institutional Effectiveness office also assumes the responsibility of either generating or supervising the development of all official University data reports.
The primary objectives of the office are:
- to assist in the organization and maintenance of institutional data for decision-making,
- to analyze and interpret data to provide information which is appropriate and useful in planning and decision-making, and
- to serve as a catalyst for institutional self-analysis and improvement.
Role of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The role of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (IE) at Galveston College is to provide timely, accurate, and institutionally-relevant data to support decision-making processes:
- Periodic reports – These are reports that the office provides at specified intervals, usually by semester or annually. Such reports include term grade distribution summaries, and term enrollment summaries.
- Ad hoc research – IE members work with various departments and offices within the college to identify areas of needed research.
- Survey processes – To develop, in consultation with offices or departments, surveys to investigate specific college functions or processes.
Monday & Tuesday – 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Thursday- 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.