Galveston College Continuing Education Department aspires to be an exemplar of continuing education for working professionals and lifelong learners in the Galveston region and provide personal and career pathways to enrichment, engagement, enlightenment, and empowerment for those seeking transformative learning experiences and employable credentials.
Guiding life-long learning through Enrichment, Engagement, Enlightenment and Empowerment.
Arts & Humanities:
- General Studies (AA)
- Health and Physical Education
- Political Science/Government
- Speech Communication
Allied Health/Health Sciences:
- Computerized Tomography (CT)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Medical Services
- Healthcare Management
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Medical Administration
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Radiation Therapy
- Surgical Technology
Science Technology Engineering and Math
- Computer Science
- General Studies (AS)
- Pre-Professional Health
- Health Science
Computer Science and Information Technology:
Public Services, Business, & Industry:
- Business Administration
- Computer & Network System Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical & Electronics Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Instrumentation (Pending Approval)
- Law Enforcement
- Logistics (Pending Approval)
- Welding Technology
Radiologic Health Sciences
Frequently Asked Question
Continuing Education registration continues throughout the semester until classes are filled. Registration forms can be found online at CEregister
Registrations must be completed 1 week prior to classes starting. Students can register online, by email or in- person.
· Students must complete registration five business days prior to a course starting.
· Students can register online at CEregister with a valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, or American Express.
· You may register in person by coming to the Continuing Education Office located on the first floor of Moody Hall, at 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, TX 77550. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
· You may register over the phone by calling the Continuing Education Office at 409-944-1344. You may fax your completed registration form (this form is available on our website) to 409-944-1501, Attn: CE Dept. This is available 24 hours a day. You may mail your registration form and send payment for tuition and fees to Galveston College, Continuing Education Registration, 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, Texas 77550. Please do not send cash.
Call 409-944-1344 for assistance or more information.
· You may only register online if you are paying your tuition in full by using the registration form at the top of this page, or by clicking on the online registration link.
· If you are needing to set up a payment plan, or our applying for scholarships you must register in person or via email to CE@gc.edu
The Whitecaps Portal can be accessed from any page on the Galveston College Website. It is located in the Whitecaps Toolbox on the top right of each page. In order to log in, you will need a username and password. Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number and your initial password was sent to you in a separate email.
(See examples below).
Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number (Example: GC0123456)
Your password can be obtained by contacting our IT helpdesk please contact the IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-944-1352.
Classes listed with an “*” are eligible for a 50% senior discount for those over the age of 65 and who live in-district. This discount is applied upon registration.
Class Cancellations, Room Changes, and Rescheduling:
Courses with low enrollment prior to a start date are canceled prior to the start date. Students will be notified by phone or email when a class they are enrolled in has been canceled; however, we are sometimes unable to reach everyone. A refund of 100% is automatically processed upon cancellation of classes. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your refund to be processed.
To help avoid cancellations please register and pay AT LEAST A WEEK PRIOR TO THE START DATE, and encourage your friends to register with you. Occasionally, canceled courses are rescheduled for a later start date, and you will be notified by phone when the opportunity presents itself. In the event of a classroom change notice of the room change will be posted on the Continuing Education doors and the classroom that was originally listed.
Refunds prior to the start of class will be 100%. Refund requests should be made in person or by phone to 409-944-1344. Refund requests must be received during normal business hours and at least one business day prior to the start date of the class. When a class is canceled you will automatically be refunded the full course amount. There are NO REFUNDS GIVEN AFTER A COURSE HAS BEGUN. There are NO REFUNDS for ED2GO, ProTrain, or online courses.
Galveston College is a smoke-free campus. Smoking (including e-cigs) is strictly prohibited in all buildings on the campus grounds and parking areas.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in the classroom and/or laboratory in a manner that is conducive to good academic progress. Failure to comply with the lawful direction of a faculty member, teaching assistant or instructor may be a disruption for all students enrolled in the class. Disruptive conduct is considered a serious offense. Faculty reserve the right to remove a student from a class for just cause. Students removed may be referred to the VP of Student Services for disciplinary action.
Cell Phone Use:
Cell phone use is strictly prohibited during all class/lab sessions. In an emergency, please step outside to avoid disruption.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), was established to protect the privacy rights of all students. FERPA specifies the types of student information which can be released to the public without a student’s expressed consent and specifies the persons and agencies that may receive other information, which according the FERPA, a college may release to the public without a student’s permission and is referred to as “Directory Information.” The information included in the FERPA definition includes name, address, telephone, date and place of birth, degrees earned, date, major, and field of study, academic classification, dates of attendance, number of semester hours in progress and attained to date, previous high school and college attended, and weight and height of members of athletic teams. Students may request that Galveston College withhold their directory information from the general public. To do so, students must fill out the appropriate form with the Admissions Office.
Record of Completion and CEU’s:
Nationally recognized CEU’s may be awarded on certain approved occupation-related courses. One CEU is awarded for every 10 contact hours. Most courses are given a Certificate of Completion. It is up to the individual student to see if these courses are eligible for CEU’s.
Request for Records and Replacement Certificates:
CE records are only kept for 2 years, digital copies may be available if needed. Please fill out a record’s request form and allow up to 2 weeks for it to be processed. Reprints of certificates cost $10 and can only be done if a digital copy is on file.