Below are some Frequently Asked Questions from newly admitted students.
How do I log into my Whitecaps Portal?
The Whitecaps Portal can be accessed from any page on the Galveston College Website. It is located at the top of each page. In order to log in, you will need a username and password. Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number and your initial password was sent to you in a separate email.
(See examples below).
Username: Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number (EX: GC0123456)
Password: Your password is sent in an email from the IT Department
If you are experiencing issues logging into the Whitecaps Portal or having other technical difficulties please contact the IT helpdesk at email@example.com or call 409-944-1352.
How do I know if my application is processed?
Do I need to take a placement test?
How do I know if Galveston College has received my required documents?
- Login into your portal
- Click Self-Service Menu (located on the right-hand side)
- Click Students
- Click Student Communication
- Click My Documents
How do I register online?
- Log into the Whitecaps Portal.
- Under “Quick links”, please select Register for Classes.
- Select Search and Register for Classes.
- Select a term, enter as many search criteria as you wish, and click Submit.
- To add a class, click the Select Section(s)box next to the section you want to add and click Submit
- Select the appropriate action for each section and click Submit
- Review your registration results and click OK
Registration is not complete until payment arrangements are made.
When are you open?
Monday & Tuesday: 8:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m
Wednesday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer I & II Semesters (May-August) Office Hours
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
QUESTIONS? Call 409-944-1230
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday – Closed