College transfer students attend Galveston College after attending another higher education institution.
Transient students (also known as visiting students) attend Galveston College after attending another institution of higher education; however, they are not seeking a certificate or degree and are only taking courses to transfer back to their primary institution.
Apply for Admission
- Completed Application for Admission
- Official transcript from primary college/university. College transcripts will not be accepted directly from a student unless they are in an unopened envelope from the issuing institution. Faxed transcripts will be considered unofficial.
- If the student has earned less than 15 college credits, an official high school transcript with final grades, date of graduation, and certifying signature or official GED score report and completion date. High school transcripts will not be accepted from the student unless in an unopened envelope from the high school.
- Official TSI Assessment, or exemption test scores and documentation.
- Proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination (unless the student is 22 years of age or older).
Galveston College will accept credits from accredited colleges and universities if a passing grade of C or better has been earned (developmental courses are not transferrable).
International transcripts MUST be submitted to Galveston College with a certified English translation. For more information regarding international admission, please visit the International Students page.
Bacterial Meningitis Information
All entering students are required by the State of Texas to have been vaccinated against Bacterial Meningitis. Click here for more information.
QUESTIONS? Call 409-944-1230
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday – Closed