Graduates of accredited high schools and GED graduates are eligible to enroll at Galveston College.
Galveston College considers the following agencies when determining high school accreditation:
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (AdvancEd)
For high schools located in a state other than Texas, Galveston College determines accreditation based on comparable agencies for that state.
Graduates from non-accredited high schools may not be eligible for federal financial aid.
For questions regarding accreditation, please contact the Admissions and Records Office at 409-944-1230.
Apply for Admission
Residency Waiver for Non-U.S. Citizens
Under Texas Education Code §21.25, students who are non-US citizens or non-permanent residents may qualify to pay resident tuition if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Graduated from a Texas high school or received a GED in Texas
- Resided in Texas for the 36 months leading up to graduating from a high school or receiving a GED
- Resided in Texas for 12 months immediately preceding the census date of the semester in which he/she will enroll
- Have filed for permanent resident status or will file for permanent resident status as soon as eligible to do so
Students meeting all criteria must fill out an affidavit and have it signed by a notary public in Texas. A State of Texas Notary is on file in the Admissions and Records Office.
Please note: you must sign the affidavit in front of the Notary. Do not sign the affidavit before meeting with the Notary.
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Official high school transcript with final grades, date of graduation, and certifying signature or official GED score report and completion date. High school transcripts will not be accepted from the student unless in an unopened envelope from the high school.
- Official Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment, or exemption test scores and documentation.
- Proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination (unless the student is 22 years of age or older).
New Student Orientation
All new students are required to attend New Student Orientation. For more information, please visit the New Student Orientation page or contact the Counseling and Advising Center at 409-944-1220.
Bacterial Meningitis Information
All entering students are required by the State of Texas to have been vaccinated against Bacterial Meningitis.
Bacterial Meningitis FAQ