STEPS TO ENROLL
New students and students who have not been at Galveston College within the past 12 months must follow all steps below to register for credit courses at Galveston College.
Students who have been at Galveston College within the past 12 months may skip to step 5 below.
Students who have a hold on their record will be prevented from registering for new classes until the hold is cleared. Students may view their hold via the Whitecaps Portal and should contact the listed office to clear the obligation.
Registration is not complete until payment is complete.
For payment options, please contact the Business Office at 409-944-1362.
Step 1 - Apply for Admission
Step 2 - Apply for Financial Aid
Step 3 - Take the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment
Students may also visit with a Counselor or Advisor in the Counseling/Advising Center (Moody Hall, Room 150) to determine if the TSI assessment is required.
Step 4 - Complete New Student Orientation
Step 5 - Visit with an Advisor/Counselor
The Advising/Counseling Center is located in Moody Hall, Room 150, and may be reached via telephone at 409-944-1220.
Step 6 - Register for Classes
- Click on Whitecaps Portal
- Enter your GC user ID and Password (The password is the same as your current campus computer password) and click Login. If you have difficulty logging in or need your password reset, please contact the IT Service Desk at 409-944-1352.
- Under “Quick links”, please select Register for Classes.
- Select Search and Register for Classes.
- Select a term, enter as many search criteria as you wish, and click Submit.
- To add a class, click the Select Section(s) box next to the section you want to add and click Submit
- Select the appropriate action for each section and click Submit
- Review your registration results and click OK
Registration is not complete until payment arrangements are made.
Step 7 - Pay for Classes
Payment questions may be directed to Business Office via telephone at 409-944-1362.
Step 8 - Activate your email on the Whitecaps Portal
Registration is not complete until your email is set up on your whitecaps portal.
Email questions may be directed to GC IT Service Desk via telephone at 409-944-1352 or email@example.com.
Step 9 - Stop by the Media Desk for your ID & Parking Pass
Registration is not complete until you have your Student ID and parking pass (if neccessary)
ID questions may be directed to GC IT Service Desk via telephone at 409-944-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.