How to Register for Classes
Continuing Education registration continues throughout the semester until classes are filled. Registration forms can be found online at www.gc.edu/CEregister
Please register at least one week prior to the class start date. Tuition and fees must be paid upon registration.
· Students must complete registration five business days prior to a course starting.
· Students can register online at www.gc.edu/CEregister with a valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, or American Express.
· You may register in person by coming to the Continuing Education Office located on the first floor of Moody Hall, at 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, TX 77550. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
· You may register over the phone by calling the Continuing Education Office at 409-944-1344. You may fax your completed registration form (this form is available on our website) to 409-944-1501, Attn: CE Dept. This is available 24 hours a day. You may mail your registration form and send a payment for tuition and fees to Galveston College, Continuing Education Registration, 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, Texas 77550. Please do not send cash.
· Call 409-944-1344 for assistance or more information.
· You may only register online if you are paying your tuition in full by using the registration form at the top of this page, or by clicking on the online registration link.
· If you are needing to set up a payment plan, or our applying for scholarships you must register in person or via email to CE@gc.edu
How to Use Our Online Registration
Click on register online icon (located on this page above)
· Select your topic of interest (to see all available classes leave blank)
· Check the course you wish to register, CLICK SUBMIT
· Fill out your “Personal Identification” information and checkbox to certify Confirm your selection
· Pay for your class, Select drop down menu>”Register Now” and Enter your Payment Type and CLICK SUBMIT
· Confirm Balance Amount You will be redirected to a secure payment screen to enter your credit card information and CLICK SUBMIT
How to Register in Person
You may register in person by coming to the Continuing Education Office located on the first floor of Moody Hall. Tuition and fees must be paid upon registration. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am–5 pm. Beginning May 12th, we are on our summer hours and open from 7:30-6:00pm Monday through Thursday. We are closed on Fridays during the summer.
How to Register Over the Phone
You may register over the phone by calling the Continuing Education Office at 409-944-1344. Payments can be made with a valid Master Card, Visa, Discover Card or American Express. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am – 5 pm.
How to Register by Fax
You may fax your completed registration form (this form is available on our website) to 409-944-1501, Attn: CE Dept. This is available 24-hours a day. Please include your valid Master Card, Visa, Discover Card or American Express card information including expiration.
How to Register by Mail
Complete the registration form and send payment for tuition and fees to: Galveston College Continuing Education Registration 4015 Avenue Q Galveston, Texas 77550 Please do not send cash.
Information about Payment Plans
About Our Payment Plans:
Galveston College offers you the ability to pay for courses over time with a payment plan. This is done with a partnership with NELNET. The payment plan itself called FACTS. Information about this plan can be found in the GC Whitecaps Portal. This is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The cost to budget your interest-free monthly payment plan is a $25 per term nonrefundable FACTS Enrollment Fee. You may budget in the following ways:
- Automatic Bank Payment (ACH)—ACH payments authorized FACTS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-approved for your expenses at Galveston College. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
- Credit Card Option—Paying with your credit card gives you the option of taking advantage of any bonus programs that may be offered by your credit card company. Your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate. Payments will be charged on the 5th of each month until the balance is paid in full
Students must have a balance greater than $398 and be enrolled in one of the programs listed below. The following CE programs/course(s) are eligible for a payment plan:
Nurse Aide, Phlebotomy, EKG, Logistics*, Massage Therapy, Diesel Engine Testing &Repair. Automotive AC, Pipefitting, Computer Desktop Support, Cisco courses, Credit overlays.
(*) Logistics eligibility is only if the student enrolls in both courses.
How to sign up a payment plan
- To set up a payment plan you must first be registered in a course. Upon registration you should be being sent an automatic email with your password to the portal. If you do not get this, please contact the help desk or visit the service center in room R-120.
- You must have 50% of your course balance + a $25 non-fundable enrollment fee to make up your deposit
- Login to Whitecaps Portal
- Click on the Quick Link Labeled “FACTS payment plan
- Select proceed to processor
- Follow the prompts to complete agreement
Enrollment periods will affect the # of payments you are eligible for. The enrollment period for CE courses is on a quarter basis. If you have questions about enrollment dates do not hesitate to contact us. The dates listed below are general range dates and are impacted by which business day the dates fall on. If a date falls on a weekend the cut off will be the next business day.
courses where the 3rd day of class in after 9/1
Payment drafting dates
10/05 & 11/05
courses that start in Jan/Feb
Payment drafting dates
01/05 & 02/05
03/05 & 04/05
SUMMER & SPECIAL COURSES
courses where the 3rd day of class is after 3/1
Payment drafting dates
05/05 & 06/05
course where the 3rd day of class is after 6/1
Payment drafting dates
07/05 & 08/15
Missed payments: Should you miss have insufficient funds when your account is drafted, FACTS/Nelnet will make a 2nd attempt to draft your account the following week. You accessed a late fee for each insufficient draft.
IMPORTANT PHONE #’S
HELP DESK 409-944-1352
GC Business office 409-944-1362
Continuing Education 409-944-1344
ALL COURSES MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. STUDENTS WHO HAVE BALANCES OR NON-PAYMENT UPON THE END OF A COURSE WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE THEY HAVE TAKEN, AND WILL NOT BE APPROVED FOR ANY EXAMS, OR HAVE CERTIFICATIONS ISSUED. A HOLD WILL BE PLACED ON THE STUDENT ACCOUNT.
Parking and ID’s
All students must have a valid GC parking sticker, (please pick up in the Media Center Rm: R-120) Visitors to campus must park in the visitors parking lot at the corner of Avenue Q and 39th St. Unpermitted cars parked in the Moody lot will be towed.
Student ID Cards- Visitors:
All enrolled students are required to possess a valid student ID card. These may be obtained in the Media Center (Rm: R-120) once you have your payment receipt. Visitors to campus and those who are only here for a short contract training class must display a visitor name tag on their person. These are available in the CE offices or from your instructor.
How do I log into my Whitecaps Portal?
The Whitecaps Portal can be accessed from any page on the Galveston College Website. It is located in the Whitecaps Toolbox on the top right of each page. In order to log in, you will need a username and password. Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number and your initial password was sent to you in a separate email.
(See examples below).
Your username is GC plus your seven-digit student ID number (Example: GC0123456)
Your password can be obtained by contacting our IT helpdesk please contact the IT helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-944-1352.
Classes listed with an “*” are eligible for a 50% senior discount for those over the age of 65 and who live in-district. This discount is applied upon registration.
Class Cancellations, Room Changes, and Rescheduling:
Courses with low enrollment prior to a start date are canceled prior to the start date. Students will be notified by phone or email when a class they are enrolled in has been canceled; however, we are sometimes unable to reach everyone. A refund of 100% is automatically processed upon cancellation of classes. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your refund to be processed.
To help avoid cancellations please register and pay AT LEAST A WEEK PRIOR TO THE START DATE, and encourage your friends to register with you. Occasionally, canceled courses are rescheduled for a later start date, and you will be notified by phone when the opportunity presents itself. In the event of a classroom change notice of the room change will be posted on the Continuing Education doors and the classroom that was originally listed.
Refunds prior to the start of class will be 100%. Refund requests should be made in person or by phone to 409-944-1344. Refund requests must be received during normal business hours and at least one business day prior to the start date of the class. When a class is canceled you will automatically be refunded the full course amount. There are NO REFUNDS GIVEN AFTER A COURSE HAS BEGUN. There are NO REFUNDS for ED2GO, ProTrain, or online courses.
Galveston College is a smoke-free campus. Smoking (including e-cigs) is strictly prohibited in all buildings on the campus grounds and parking areas.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in the classroom and/or laboratory in a manner that is conducive to good academic progress. Failure to comply with the lawful direction of a faculty member, teaching assistant or instructor may be a disruption for all students enrolled in the class. Disruptive conduct is considered a serious offense. Faculty reserve the right to remove a student from a class for just cause. Students removed may be referred to the VP of Student Services for disciplinary action.
Cell Phone Use:
Cell phone use is strictly prohibited during all class/lab sessions. In an emergency, please step outside to avoid disruption.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), was established to protect the privacy rights of all students. FERPA specifies the types of student information which can be released to the public without a student’s expressed consent and specifies the persons and agencies that may receive other information, which according the FERPA, a college may release to the public without a student’s permission and is referred to as “Directory Information.” The information included in the FERPA definition includes name, address, telephone, date and place of birth, degrees earned, date, major, and field of study, academic classification, dates of attendance, number of semester hours in progress and attained to date, previous high school and college attended, and weight and height of members of athletic teams. Students may request that Galveston College withhold their directory information from the general public. To do so, students must fill out the appropriate form with the Admissions Office.
Record of Completion and CEU’s:
Nationally recognized CEU’s may be awarded on certain approved occupation-related courses. One CEU is awarded for every 10 contact hours. Most courses are given a Certificate of Completion. It is up to the individual student to see if these courses are eligible for CEU’s.
Request for Records and Replacement Certificates:
CE records are only kept for 2 years, digital copies may be available if needed. Please fill out a record’s request form and allow up to 2 weeks for it to be processed. Reprints of certificates cost $10 and can only be done if a digital copy is on file.
Student Handbook and Planner
Your Learning Partner
It is the mission of Galveston College to drive the economy of Galveston forward by helping companies, organizations, and individuals invest in our most valuable regional asset – our people.
Monday & Tuesday
8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.