To Learn More:
About the GC Foundation
The Galveston College Foundation exists to support and enhance the ability of Galveston College to accomplish its mission of improving people’s lives through lifelong learning.
Students and Support
- 73.4% of Galveston College students attend part-time.
- 32.8% of Galveston College students are enrolled in technical programs.
- 30.0% of Galveston College students receive Pell-grants.
- 26.6% of Galveston College faculty are full-time (vs. 23.7% state average).
- In 2017, for the third year in a row, Galveston College has ranked the number one community college in Texas by Schools.com which evaluates community colleges in the Lone Star State and says Galveston College takes top honors for student success.
- Scholarships – Nurture, Prosper
- Facilities – Build, Maintain
- Centers – Sustain, Expand
- Annual Fund – Recruit, Retain
Galveston College Foundation
In 1996, the Galveston College Foundation formed a separate community based non-profit, a 501 (c) 3, in large part, to establish the Universal Access program which was designed to reduce local high school drop-out rates by providing college tuition and fee payments for local high school graduates regardless of income level. The generosity of local businesses, individuals, and area foundations established an endowment of $6.2 million. This combined with federal assistance permits Galveston College to offer an unparalleled tuition assistance program for the citizens of Galveston, Texas. For additional information please see the Universal Access Guidelines and Foundation links. Consider a gift to Universal Access and click Donate Now.