Reporting Internet Abuse
This is the contact method for reporting spam, phishing attempts, malicious email, and other types of misuse of IT resources within the GC community.
The IT team will take necessary action on reports of spam, phishing scams, and other unsolicited email. In order for us to effectively filter spam we need all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org to include the following things:
- A forwarded copy of the original email with email headers included or attached
- For information on how to obtain email headers please click here.
Copyright protects authors of “original works” by law and violators are subject to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). In the past ABUSE submissions for copyright violations were handled by our IT team, but this is no longer the case. Please route copyright-related mail to email@example.com, and if you have further questions about copyright compliance guidelines please click here
Information Security Policy
GC faculty, staff, and students must be in compliance with the College’s Information Security Policy upon enrollment or effective hire date. The University Information Security Policy sets guidelines for appropriate use of Galveston College technology resources and prohibits use of IT resources for commercial use and personal gain.
E-mail Safety Tips
- Use your University e-mail address for essential, educational use only.
- Use filters and/or rules to move emails to folders or to delete.
- Delete messages from untrusted sources and empty your trash.
- Keep your anti-virus software updated.
- Talk to your department IT representative if you need more assistance.