Program Director/Program Coordinator
|Name||Dr. Latoya Mills|
|Title||Coordinator, Career Placement & Student Succes Center|
|Program Area||Student Services|
Career assistance is available for all Galveston College students who: did not graduate from another institution, currently enrolled or have graduated in the past 12 months. Career assistance is provided by the Counseling Center located on the first floor of Moody Hall.
Online Career Resources
EMSI Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings and associated education training and education.
- The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you find out what your interests are and how they relate to the world of work. You can find out what you like to do.
- The O*NET Work Importance Profiler (WIP) will help you explore careers by focusing on what is important to you in a job.
What is Glassdoor?
Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. What sets us apart is our “employee generated content” – anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions, and more – all posted by employees, job seekers, and sometimes the companies themselves- Search Salaries or see company reviews, salary info, and interview questions for thousands of jobs or view the Best Places to Work.
Lear more about occupations with Guide to Occupations.
Are you a Veteran?
Would you like to look for career possibilities? (My Next Move for Veterans) will do the following:
- Search Careers with Key Words
- Browse Careers by Industry
- Find Careers Like your Military Job
Do you speak Spanish? Se Habla Espanol
Spanish speaking career explorers/job seekers (Mi Próximo Paso). will help you:
- Describir la carrera de sus sueños en pocas palabras
- Hay más de 900 opciones de carreras que puede buscar. Encuentre la suya en una de estas industrias
- Responda las preguntas sobre el tipo de trabajo que pudiera disfrutar. Le recomendaremos carreras que pudieran coincidir con sus intereses y su capacitación.