The Galveston Community College District Board of Regents on Tuesday, May 29, approved revisions to the polling locations for the June 16 run-off election to fill the unexpired term for board position 7.
The revisions were made because of the cancellation of the runoff election for Galveston County Drainage District No. 2.
Run-off candidates for position 7 on the Galveston Community College District Board of Regents include Marie Robb and Rebecca Trout Unbehagen.
Early voting will take place June 4-8 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and June 11-12 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the following locations:
Galveston County Justice Center (Second Floor Conference Room), 600 59th Street, Galveston, Texas
Galveston County Courthouse (Second Floor Mezzanine), 722 Moody, Galveston, Texas
Moody Methodist Church, 2803 53rd Street, Galveston, Texas
The following locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, June 16:
- Joe Faggard Community Center, 1750 Highway 87, Crystal Beach, Texas
- Galveston County Courthouse (Second Floor Mezzanine), 722 Moody, Galveston, Texas
- A. Morgan Elementary School, 1410 37th Street, Galveston, Texas
- Moody Methodist Church, 2803 53rd Street, Galveston, Texas
- Seaside Baptist Church, 16534 Termini San Luis Pass Road, Jamaica Beach, Texas
Qualified voters may vote at any of these locations during early voting and on Election Day.
Applications for ballots by mail must be received no later than the close of business on June 5 and may be sent to Ballots by Mail, c/o Dwight D. Sullivan, Galveston County Clerk, P.O. Box 17253, Galveston, TX 77552-7253 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.