Galveston College will host its 2019 Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, in the Abe and Annie Seibel Foundation Wing at Galveston College, 4015 Avenue Q, Galveston, Texas.
Sponsored by the Galveston College Employee Relations and Wellness Committee and Office of Student Activities, the Health and Wellness Fair is free for Galveston College students and faculty, staff, their spouses and dependents.
Participants are asked to bring a valid Galveston College ID and their insurance card. Discounted fees for services may be available for those with no insurance.
Highlights of the event will include the following:
- blood pressure checks by Galveston College Nursing and Emergency Medical Services students and faculty;
- immunizations for participants eight years of age and older;
- flu shots;
- HIV testing and information on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP);
- information and pre-registration packets by UTMB Health Radiography-Breast Imaging;
- games and prizes; and
- healthy snacks by Galveston College Culinary Arts.
“We are excited to once again host a Health and Wellness Fair for the students, faculty and staff of Galveston College,” said Joyce Landry, Human Resources payroll/benefits specialist. “This event is designed to help educate our students, faculty and staff about health services available in the community and to focus on issues related to health and wellness.”
For more information, contact Landry at (409) 944-1280 or email@example.com.