Galveston College will host a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Career Panel on Monday, Oct. 2, 2023 at 12:30 p.m. in the Seibel Wing for students to learn about the wide variety of careers available in STEM fields.
The STEM Career Panel will consist of seven panelists:
- Michael Merritt, Lab Tech I for Karbach Brewing Company
- Irma Cisneros, Director for Neuroinfectious Diseases at the University of Texas Medical Branch
- Alejandra Martinez, 7th Grade Science Teacher for the Eagle Pass Independent School District
- Jessica Rydlund, Core Technician at Lonza, a biotech manufacturing company
- Michelle Johnston, Research Coordinator and Acting Superintendent for the Flower Garden Marine Sanctuary
- Kait Brogan, Vessel Operations Coordinator for NOAA Corps with Flower Gardens Banks
- Luis Hernandez, Lead Systems Analyst and Database Administrator for Galveston College
After the panel discussion, students will have the opportunity to ask questions and meet with the panelists. Light refreshments will be served prior to the panel discussion.
The STEM Career Panel is generously funded by the National Science Foundation HSI Program (Grant No. 2122825).
For more information about STEM programs at Galveston College, visit https://www.gc.edu/academic-career-programs/science-technology-engineering-math/index.php.
ABOUT GALVESTON COLLEGE
Galveston College was founded in 1967 and is a comprehensive community college providing the residents of Galveston Island and the surrounding region with academic, workforce development, continuing education and community service programs.