Calculating Tuition & Fees
(Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice by approval of the Board of Regents.)
The cost per credit hour is determined by the address on file in the student’s permanent record and residency status as defined by the Texas Education Code.
- Minimum tuition for residents of Texas is $45 per credit hour (minimum tuition of $180).
- Tuition for non-residents of Texas is $120 per credit hour (minimum tuition of $480).
- Third repeat course or developmental course work that exceeds 27 hours will be assessed at $60 per credit hour surcharge.
- Non-residents of Texas who are not located within the state of Texas, enrolled in distance education will be assessed at $100 per credit hour surcharge.
Laboratory and Special Fees
For laboratory and course fees please see the Course Fee Schedule
Note: Fees are subject to change when circumstances warrant.
How to Pay
- Online full payment via Whitecaps Portal
- In Person – Pay on campus at the Bursar’s Office (2nd floor, Moody Building). Options: Credit Card, Cash, Personal Check, or Money Order. The full amount will be charged and payments by Credit Card / Check will be subject to Galveston College refund policies.
- A valid Texas driver’s license number and student ID number must be available for check or money order payments.
- By Third-Party Agent – All sponsors must be approved by Galveston College. Prior to registering, students should contact the sponsor and verify that all required documentation has been submitted. Payment authorizations will not be accepted if submitted after the 12th class day (4th class day for a summer session).
- The Installment Plan – Students choosing to pay by installment plan must sign a contract that is available through the Whitecaps Portal.
- You must:
- Pay one-half of the tuition, course-related fees, and student activity fee by your payment date.
- Pay the full amount of the $25 non-refundable installment set-up fee and any other applicable fees.
- Installment payments are due on dates specified in the contract.
- You must:
- The state of Texas sets the refund policy for Galveston College.
- Students may expect to receive their refunds within four to six weeks from the 12th class day for the fall and spring semesters or the 4th class day for a summer session. Amount of check will be less any debt owed to the College.
- Once classes begin, students who drop classes or are withdrawn by the College must pay a percentage of the tuition and fees.
- Refunds for checks are processed no sooner than four weeks after the receipt of the check.
- Refunds for cash/check payments are mailed to the address on file with Admissions and Records.
- Refunds for credit card payments will appear on your monthly statement. You are responsible for interest charged to the credit card account while the refund is processed.
- Galveston College charges a $10 processing fee for any refund checks that are re-issued.