- Associate of Applied Science in Welding Technology
- Multiple Processes Certificate/Level One – Entry
- Basic Fitting Certificate /Level One – Advanced
- Basic Qualified Welder Certificate- Level Two – Advanced
- Complete the Galveston College Admissions Application and submit to the Office of Admissions. For more information on the admissions process and other admission requirements visit Admissions.
- Complete the online Federal Student Aid Application at www.fafsa.ed.gov for more information regarding Financial Aid priority dates and timelines refer to Galveston College’s Financial Aid Homepage.
- Schedule an appointment with your Student Success Advisor to discuss degree plans,
tuition cost, registration, graduation, and any other academic inquiries. Student Success Advisor:
7626 Broadway Galveston, Texas 77554
See the most recent college catalog for additional information and course descriptions.
Equipment and books are required during the first week of class. Please contact the Welding Program Director for the current book and equipment list.
Graduates are qualified to pass entry-level certification tests as required by business and industry. Employment opportunities are available as a welder in:
- General fabrication shops
- Construction sites
- Pressure vessel shops
- Maritime industry and shipyards of the Texas Gulf Coast Region
- Petro-Chemical Industry
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, there will be nearly 450,000 welding jobs available in 2017. The Welding Technology Program at Galveston College offers a certificate in basic welding skills as well as exit points for advanced and high technology skills in welding.
Career Coach is a FREE online tool designed to help you find a great career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
Through a simple keyword search, you can learn about the employment prospects of differing careers. The real-time information is customized to the College’s geographic region and includes detailed wage estimates and up-to-date job postings associated with any career. Users are directed to the College’s programs when searching for specific jobs.
Career Coach also includes a built-in resume builder to help students and jobseekers quickly put together an updated resume with key skills and previous job experiences.