Established in 1978, the Radiation Therapy Program at Galveston College is the state’s oldest radiation therapy program. The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Radiation Therapy is designed for general studies students. This associate program consists of five semesters and is twenty one months in length. Total cost of the program is approximately $7,000 – $8,000 with books and fees.
- Students must have access to a computer and internet to access course materials, complete online assignments, quizzes, and exams
- Transportation and parking expenses are the responsibility of the student.
- Mandatory background check and drug screening, at student’s cost, prior to matriculation (approx. $110.00)
- Mandatory CPR Certification (American Heart Association) prior to start of the Program at student expense.
- Expenses for scrubs are the responsibility of the student.
- Trajecsys Report System (approx. $150.00)
The Radiation Therapy Program utilizes state-of-the-art clinical and formal didactic education to prepare you for a challenging and rewarding career in radiation oncology. It is important for students to realize that professionalism in Radiation Therapy includes more than theoretical understanding and accurate technical performance of procedures. It also involves internalization of the many appropriate attitudes, ethics and behaviors which are common to all health care professions. Upon successful completion of the program, individuals may apply to take the national American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) certification examination in radiation therapy. Students will learn the most advanced treatment techniques using cutting edge technology.